We hope you've picked up your Field Day Blue or Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips on sale this week for $2.79! At that great price, you can afford to really splurge on the fancy dips. Why not try one of these crowd-pleasing recipes?
Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place vegetable broth, celery, and carrots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer with lid on until veggies are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place chopped chipotles, 1 cup cooked black beans, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, and cooked vegetables in food processor or blender and pulse, scraping sides occasionally, until well blended with a thick/chunky consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool 20 minutes; this dip is best served at room temperature or chilled.
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (one clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (half a lime)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- Slice the avocados lengthwise, remove the pits and scoop the green flesh (discard any brown flesh) into a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado pulp to a chunky texture.
- Add the lime juice, garlic, onion, and spices and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and cilantro, mix and serve.
Rustic Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 1/2 cup canned or marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the artichoke hearts, spinach, jalapeño pepper and green onion.
- Place them into a mixing bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and roasted red peppers, then fold the ingredients together with a spatula.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
[Source: Stronger Together]