by Valarie Holliday, HR Manager
These meatless burgers aren't just delicious — they're also chock full of protein!
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup green chile
- ½ cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chile powder
- 1 egg or flax egg (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sauté onions until they start to sweat.
- Add green chile, corn, garlic, cumin, and chile powder. Cook for about 4 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Mash the black beans until you have a paste. Add the quinoa and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir your sautéed veggies into the black beans and quinoa. Shape into patties and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.