Customer Service Associate
Purpose: Customer Service Employees are trained to be able to provide excellent customer service in five departments - Front End, Wellness, Fresh, Grocery, and Kitchen. Customer Service employees are hired to be the face of the organization at the cash registers to greet, check out, and provide exceptional service to customers.
Status: Reports to the Customer Service Manager
Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week - Full time *
20 to 29 hours per week - Part time *
*will vary based on store need
Schedule: Scheduling is based on store need. Customer Service staff must be willing to be scheduled Sunday through Saturday, 6 am to 11 pm (exceptions to this are approved by the General Manager and Customer Service Manager).
CASH REGISTER/ POINT OF SALE SYSTEM:
1. Ability to handle cash, balance drawers, make change, basic math skills.
2. Ability to open/close drawers with no errors.
3. Ability to complete daily opening/closing checklists for cashiers.
4. Ability to multi-task at the register; greet customers, scan products, handle cash, etc.
1. Knows and adheres to Mountain View Market Co+op’s expectations for external and internal customer service.
2. Offers product samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation in a friendly, courteous manner.
3. Greets and welcomes customers as they enter the store and while they are shopping.
4. Offers help or assistance to customers in the employee’s general vicinity.
5. Maintains a positive attitude when checking customers out at the register.
6. Has the ability to explain benefits of ownership; ability to sign up new owners.
1. Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
2. Communicates respectfully at all times.
3. Does not expose customers or co-workers to internal disagreements.
4. Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
5. Communicates needs promptly and efficiently.
6. Participates actively in team and staff meetings.
7. Stays informed by reading all communication from the GM, HR, Customer Service Manager, Team Leaders, and Department Log Books.
8. Reads weekly schedules and schedule notes.
1. Adheres to all of Mountain View Market’s employment policies.
2. Has an open availability to work variable hours and in variable departments.
3. Reports for scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
4. Understands and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
5. Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
6. Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
7. Is confidently able to provide work direction and suggestions for improvement to co-workers.
8. Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
9. Maintains job-related confidentiality.
10. Takes initiative to identify, report, and resolve problems before they escalate.
11. Is a positive role model for co-workers.
12. Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
Knowledge and Critical Skills
1. Knows and promotes the cooperative principles and values.
2. Understands Mountain View Market Co+op’s cooperative mission.
3. Knows Mountain View Market Co+op’s cooperative history.
4. Gains and shares natural foods knowledge, and continually accesses and acquires new information.
QUALITY/QUANTITY OF WORK
1. Understands technical requirements of job and applies technical knowledge consistently.
2. Learns and performs all tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors.
3. Learns and performs all tasks according to department procedure.
4. Learns and performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor or team leader.
5. Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
6. Achieves established goals and expected results for the department.
1. Maintains a safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal, and state regulations.
2. Obtains and maintains any necessary licenses.
3. Wears protective clothing (gloves, aprons, etc.) as required by tasks.
Ability to communicate directly, objectively and respectfully.
Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
Strong interest in natural and organic products.
Organized—pays attention to detail.
Ability to follow through on commitments.
Ability to handle multiple demands.
Able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule (evenings/weekends/weekdays).