It's a Three Dollar Dinner and you're invited!
BRING A FRIEND AND GET LOCAL WITH US
As a co-operative business, we adhere to the Seven Co-operative Principles which were founded in Rochdale, England way back in 1844. The principles were revised and adapted for modern sensibilities in 1995. Our Three Dollar Dinners are a manifestation of Co-operative Principle number seven:
CONCERN FOR COMMUNITY
COOPERATIVES WORK FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR COMMUNITIES THROUGH POLICIES SUPPORTED BY THE MEMBERSHIP.
As a co-op, we have a greater responsibility to our community at large. It's what sets us apart from other stores. For us, it's not just about giving our community good food at a good price (although that's important too). It's about doing more for and giving back to the community that has supported us since 1975.
Three Dollar Dinners are held every Thursday evening from 5pm-8pm. Each week has a different menu featuring an entree and a side. Most weeks have a meat-based and a vegetarian entree. Our Three Dollar Dinner menus feature a variety of homestyle dinners, like spaghetti or chili, as well as more exotic fare such as curry and enchiladas.
Check out the article about our community meals from Neighbors Magazine where they called us the best place to eat on a Thursday night!
Thursday, November 7 -
Vegetable Stew with a Dinner Roll
• Vegetable Stew (vegan, gluten-free)
• Dinner Roll (vegan, contains gluten - gluten-free on request)
Thursday, November 14 -
Orange Chicken or Orange Tofu with Stir Fry-Style Veggies and Rice
• Orange Chicken (gluten-free)
• Orange Tofu (vegan, gluten-free)
• Stir Fry-Style Veggies (vegan, gluten-free)
• Rice (vegan, gluten-free)
Thursday, November 21 -
Beef or Veggie Chili with Cornbread
• Beef Chili (gluten-free)
• Veggie Chili (vegan, gluten-free)
• Cornbread (gluten-free)
• Chili Toppings (vegan and gluten-free available)
Thursday, November 28 - Thanksgiving
Three Dollar Dinner will not be served this evening.
Thursday, December 5 -
Mac & Cheese with Roasted Broccoli
• Mac & Cheese (vegetarian, contains gluten)
• Roasted Broccoli (vegan, gluten-free)
Thursday, December 12 -
Red Curry with Rice
• Red Curry (vegan, gluten-free)
• Rice (vegan, gluten-free)
Thursday, December 19 -
Posole with a Bolillo Roll
Green Chile Pork Posole (gluten-free)
• Green Chile Veggie Posole (vegan, gluten-free)
• Bolillo Roll (vegan, contains gluten)
• Posole Toppings (vegan and gluten-free available)
Please note: In an effort to keep these community meals affordable we use conventional ingredients, however all food is made in-house. Not every week will have a gluten-free or meat-based option. Each meal includes your an entrée and the side(s). Three Dollar Dinners do not include beverages or dessert. Meals are served first come, first served. Substitutions may occur. Each Three Dollar dinner is for one serving only. One serving is one pass through the line. No "seconds", please.